The Reviews Are In for Med Tech Monday!
“Its like a Crash Course for the Med Tech Industry.”
“Such a great event! Looking forward to the next one!”
“Med Tech Monday was a highly informational and successful occasion.”
New blog posts
Dec 11, 2017 by Administrator
Coronary angioplasty, used to open blocked...
Dec 10, 2017 by Administrator
Clinical Specialist - Critical Care ...
Dec 7, 2017 by Administrator
The world needs the warmth of...
Startup Brand Checklist
Posted on Oct 8, 2017 by Administrator
Branding Strategy Insider helps marketing oriented leaders and professionals like you build strong brands. BSI readers know, we regularly answer questions from marketers everywhere. Today we hear from Jessica, an entrepreneur from Dubai, United Arab Emirates who has this question about brand building for startups.
“We are on the edge of launching a new tech offering. What should we be considering in terms of building our brand?”
Thanks for your question Jessica. Now is the time to be thinking through the lens of brand to design the impact you want your offering to make. Here are twenty-five questions that we believe will help you at this stage.
- What does your new brand change in the world? Why will that change be welcomed?
- Who are you specifically looking to reach with that change? Why them?
- Is there money in making that change happen?
- How big is the market for that change?
- What will the introduction of your brand do to the economics and the dynamics of the current market? How long will that take?
- Why hasn’t it happened yet? (There could be very good reasons.)
- How prepared are people already for what you’re proposing? (Do you need to educate the market?)
- Can others duplicate what you’re planning? How quickly? (What happens if they ignore you?)
- What parts of your thinking, if any, can you protect?
- Do you have distinctive values? How do they make your brand more competitive?
- What will consumers see in you that they value?
- Who will you not do business with?
- What behaviors will you tolerate? And what will you deem unacceptable (even if it could be lucrative)?
- Why will what you stand for motivate consumers to stop buying what they are used to? How quickly will they change to your brand?
- What will you come to be known for? (In other words, what’s your reputational goal?) Is it the same as others? (Are you competing in new space or squabbling for what’s already known?)
- How will you get the market’s attention? How will you continue to be interesting?
- Do you have a clear offer? And can you see how that offer can extend and transform over time?
- What’s your end goal in terms of brand value? Are you building a $5 million brand or a $500 million brand? How do you know?
- Can you articulate why you will become more valuable as a brand over time? How will you measure success along the way?
- What are you giving away in order to entice people to sample your brand? How long will you need to keep doing that?
- What will you be asking people to pay for? Why (given what they’re getting for free)?
- Where will they find you? (And why will they want to find you there?)
- How will they recognize you? (Is it clear what sector you’re part of – but also obvious that you’re not the same as everyone else?)
- What does your name say about your business model? (And what does it say about your culture?)
- How long do you expect the brand to live? (Is this a finite opportunity?)
Do you have a branding question? Just Ask The Blake Project
The Blake Project Can Help: The Brand Strategy Workshop For Startups
Build A Human Centric Brand. Join us for The Un-Conference: 360 Degrees of Brand Strategy for a Changing World, April 2-4, 2018 in San Diego, California. A fun, competitive-learning experience reserved for 50 marketing oriented leaders and professionals.
Branding Strategy Insider is a service of The Blake Project: A strategic brand consultancy specializing in Brand Research, Brand Strategy, Brand Licensing and Brand Education